Thursday, June 27, 2019

I wonder what I look like in your eyes



You know, I tend to be obvious. When I like someone, I don’t think much and just like that person as much as I could. I would want to be close to him, talk to him, or maybe just stare at him. Those little things just make me happy. So I thought, me being obvious is some sort of indirect confession. Did you notice that? Because everybody else did.
So, apparently, my secret is out. I unintentionally told someone that I like you. Well, I just told her that “when I like someone, I tend to be obvious” and she was like “is it who I was thinking?”, and I was like “is it too obvious?”. Obviously, it was obvious. So I wonder, did you see me?
So she told me to confess. But I’ve decided, I won’t. Because I’m waiting for you. Confessing isn’t as easy as it sounds. It needs lots of courage, which I don’t have. Because I’m afraid you don’t feel the way I do, because I’m afraid I was wrong, because I’m afraid if I’d rush you, because I’m afraid you’d run away, because I’m afraid of losing you even as friends, because I’m afraid you’re not ready, because I’m afraid you already have someone else, because I’m afraid my confession would be a burden to you, because I’m afraid it’d push you away. I think too much, didn’t I?
Two days ago was your birthday and I gave you a can of coffee. Did you know how much thought I put in that can of coffee? There’s this one book that you wanted so I thought maybe I could give you that book as a present, but then I thought maybe it could be too burdensome. I tried to think of something else but everything just seems obvious that I think too much. So I saw this can of coffee. Then I remembered telling you that I like this coffee and you should try it. So I bought it. I didn’t even remove the price tag so you’d think I didn’t put much effort on it. Because I didn’t want to burden you. I even rehearsed my line a few times so that it’d go smoothly. You happily accepted it so I was glad. But did you know how trembling I was when giving you that? My heart was beating so fast I might need to take Inderal.
Lately, you called my name a lot. I really like that. I like the way you call my name. You smiled a lot too. Lately, I became more confuse than ever. Because I already like you too much. So this is the best that I can do, waiting.