Thursday, January 29, 2015

Be Selfish to Win the GAME.


What would you choose; beautiful defeat or ugly victory? So, as usual, I was carelessly wasting my time with The Genius 2: Rule Breaker. Few days ago, I re-watched the episode where Sunggyu came as guest and seriously, the game was awesome, but I couldn’t relate very well since it’s a bit confusing. Lucky for me, we got Channel M on astro this time! Thank you Astro *wink wink*. Thou The Genius is from TvN, well Channel M and TvN are under the same company I guess, so they air The Genius 2~! I just watched the first episode; Food Chain, and the concept is the same as the one with Sunggyu. There were 13 animals in total, each have specific winning and losing condition. They drew their card randomly and fulfilled their condition. There are 4 rounds in total and 4 habitats to choose from. They can be anywhere in the first round but have to return to their own habitat in the next round. Animals with same level cannot kill each other. As usual, when watching The Genius, I wrote my own notes to understand the game and play with them hehe >.<

From the top of the chain;

1.       LION – Need to kill at least one prey in all four rounds.

2.       CROCODILE – Need to kill more than lion but can go hungry in one round.

3.       EAGLE – Need to kill, can only go hungry once.

4.       HYENA – Win if the lion is dead, can go hungry for two rounds.
 
If four of them are together, they can’t be killed. If one is dead, the three need to be together. If only one survive, then he will be immortal.
5.       OTTER

5.       MALLARDS          
 
5.       DEER

5.       RABBIT

5.       EGYPTIAN PLOVER – Win if the crocodile wins.

5.       RAT – Win if the lion wins.

5.       SNAKE – Whoever attack him will be dead instead.

5.       CROW – Guess which animal is the final survival in order to win.

5.       CHAMELEON – Need to survive and can disguise as other animal.

So, from my view, the Rat is a bit stupid in the game. Before drawing their animals, she made an alliance with the Hyena. She needs to kill the Lion for Hyena to win or betray the Hyena for her to win; and she chose the Hyena. In the third round, she didn’t go to the Lion and the Lion died of hunger. She chose beautiful defeat but in the end, she was chosen for the Death Match. And the best thing is that, the Rabbit became one of the final survival after the three others are killed.
Another that I learnt was that, be moderate instead. You'll never know; you might need the help of the one you dissed later, or the one you trusted might betray you. It’s a really great game show; it tested your mind and relaxed your mind as well. I really recommend this show~  how I wish I could play the games once.