Wednesday, July 25, 2018

I'm Blown Away



I’ve been writing quite often now. So, I’m currently watching ‘While You Were Sleeping’ and honestly, I don’t have high expectation from it. Maybe it was just another ‘typical Lee Jongsuk Drama’ but still, Lee Jongsuk was my first actor crush after watching ‘I Hear Your Voice’ and that drama is still on my No. 1 best drama ever so I decided to just watch it. I mean, I’ve watched a lot of Lee Jongsuk’s drama and I just love all of them. Most of his dramas were really good and I trust his type of drama.
So while watching this drama, I can’t help but feeling amazed by every scenes, every cases, every characters they portrayed. It’s like, the sequel for ‘I Hear Your Voice’, the sequel that I’ve been waiting for years. I don’t know it’s Lee Jongsuk or SBS that made the drama awesome, but their combination is the best. There’s other dramas like ‘Hello Monster’, ‘The Girl who Sees Smells’ and ‘Yongpal’ that gives similar vibes to typical Lee Jongsuk Drama (I hear your voice, Pinocchio, Doctor Stranger, W), where every episodes has different cases and I can’t help but being curious of the case and it never fails to blow me away.
There’s this one case that I still remember for ‘I Hear Your Voice’. They were twins arrested for murdering after robbing a store. One twin claimed that he didn’t know his brother would kill the man. So one became suspect and one became witness. While investigating, the lawyer got to know that the twins actually planned for it, they were accomplice. So the lawyer decided to work with the prosecutor, claimed the twin to be guilty, and used the other twin’s testimony to act as evidence against him. They got both twins arrested. The chief said, “You did well today, but today you were not a lawyer, you were a prosecutor”. You know the difference? Prosecutor put the suspect in jail, but lawyer save the client regardless whether they did the crime or not. It’s the lawyer’s responsibility to protect their client. If the criminal was released despite committing the crime, it’s the prosecutor’s fault, and not the lawyer despite the lawyer knowing the client did the crime.
Then this one case in ‘While You Were Sleeping’. A famous person (woman) died and nobody has come to her house except for one guy who came to fix the internet. He became the prime suspect. Everyone is preparing to punish him, but there were no evidence of him killing the woman, but there were also no evidence that he didn’t kill the woman. While the prosecutor tried to indict him, they couldn’t find any evidence to proof him guilty. But the whole nation wanted that guy to be punished. It would be easier for the prosecutor to indict him, but if he’s innocent, then the prosecutor should prove his innocence. Because prosecutor doesn’t belong to any side but the truth.
So this has actually corrected my perception of prosecutor. And of course, I’m blown away by the case and how they solve it. Watch it if you’re curious because it’s really a long case.

“We prosecutors should not turn innocent people into criminals” – Park Dae Young            

WHILE YOU WERE SLEEPING EPISODE 10