Monday, April 15, 2019

Maybe I like you a little too much



Honestly, the level of me liking you is unhealthy. I just, like you too much. The past few days has been so great that I’m scared. I’m scared that if I got hurt, won’t it hurt greatly as well?
We spent most of our lunches together, so we talked a lot, sometimes just random stuffs and sometimes we got really deep into something. Like we were talking about books and novels and how much you enjoyed reading, and how I used to read a lot. You made me wanted to read again, so here I am, actually in the middle of reading the novel you lent. There’s so many things I wanted to ask but somehow, I couldn’t build the courage to start the conversation first. I feel as if I’d annoy you or push you away, and I hated that. So I’d wait until you started the conversation first. But lately, it seems like you don’t know where to start either.
You’d randomly annoy other people or just simply joked around but you didn’t do that to me, anymore. You’d make jokes about others and tell me about them. Ahhh but sometimes you did, when I made few mistakes because I was distracted, you’d say ‘apeni Anis. Eii apeni Anis’, and somehow that made me smile. I liked it when you say my name. Lately, you seemed pretty distracted too. That’s really cute, you know.
Today, I noticed something was wrong with me. I saw you were joking around with the students and I somehow got jealous. I don’t like seeing you smile when you’re not with me. I think I got greedy. I want you to only smile at me. I wanted to always be next to you, close to you. You know, this morning, even when we’re just sitting next to each other without talking, my heart was beating so fast that I thought it’d burst.
Actually, last week, some guy approached me. We’ve met exactly three times and he boldly asked to take a picture with me, eventually asked for my number. Then, he started texted me. This kind of things doesn’t happen often to me. I’m not that pretty for someone to actually fall at first sight. I was grateful, but confused at the same time. What was he? Why now? Why did he appear when I’m already falling for someone else? Does it means that I’m falling for the wrong guy? Or was he just a test for me? A lot of things were spinning in my head. Then I decided to give him a chance, since there’s nothing between us anyway and I thought it would be unfair to push him away without giving a chance. But the more I knew him, the more I like you. The more I compared him to you, the more I see the good in you. Weird, right? Knowing him made me like you more, made me realize that finding someone like you wasn’t easy. You’re just beyond amazing. I’m really sorry to him, but I like you too much, I don’t think I’m able to see anybody else. I wish you’d see me too.